Peabody Park Amphitheater at UNCG
The Peabody Park amphitheater and lake soon after they were constructed in 1941. The amphitheater was the site of many pageants, plays, and performances through the 1940s and 1950s. In 1954 the lake was drained and replaced with a golf course, but the amphitheater still stands today, awaiting a new generation of performers.
© RJO 1995–2016