RJO’s Book Reviews on Amazon.com
These brief book and product reviews have been posted to Amazon.com. They may be viewed there in their original form either collectively on my public reviews page, or individually by following the link at each title below.
- Christopher Alexander, et al., A Pattern Language: Towns, Buildings, Construction.
- Christopher Alexander, et al., The Oregon Experiment.
- Scott Atran, Cognitive Foundations of Natural History: Towards an Anthropology of Science.
- Miriam Balmuth (ed.), Hacksilber to Coinage: New Insights into the Monetary History of the Near East and Greece.
- Henry Beston, The Outermost House: A Year of Life on the Great Beach of Cape Cod.
- J. David Bishop and R. Ross Holloway, Wheaton College Collection of Greek and Roman Coins.
- David Hackett Fischer, Paul Revere’s Ride.
- Bernard le Bovier de Fontenelle, Conversations on the Plurality of Worlds.
- Richard M. Ketchum, Decisive Day: The Battle for Bunker Hill.
- Harriet Kofalk, No Woman Tenderfoot: Florence Merriam Bailey, Pioneer Naturalist.
- Alan Charles Kors and Harvey A. Silverglate, The Shadow University: The Betrayal of Liberty on America’s Campuses.
- Richard J. Light, Making the Most of College: Students Speak Their Minds.
- Samuel Eliot Morison, The Founding of Harvard College.
- Howard H. Peckham, The Colonial Wars: 1689–1762.
- Diane Ravitch, Left Back: A Century of Failed School Reforms.
- Frederick Rudolph, The American College and University: A History.
- Richard Benson Sewall, The Life of Emily Dickinson.
- Frank Stubbings, Bedders, Bulldogs and Bedells: A Cambridge Glossary.
- Margaret Thompson, Alexander’s Drachm Mints I: Sardes and Miletus.
- William H. Willimon and Thomas H. Naylor, The Abandoned Generation: Rethinking Higher Education.
Other Product Reviews
- Tom Lehrer, An Evening Wasted With Tom Lehrer. (Audio CD)
- Epson Stylus C86 Color Photo Inkjet Printer.
- External USB WiFi Antenna for Mac.
- Folding Card Table with Walnut Finish.
© RJO 1995–2016